Monday, February 25, 2008

Moving Day!

No, we're not changing addresses.  However, I have officially moved into my new office in the basement as of Saturday!  There are still a few things that need tidying up--the main things being covers for all of the outlets and light switches.  But the office is in a state now where it can be used.

My thanks go out to my good friend Darren for his help (and his hand-truck) on Saturday moving the monster that is my desk.  THANKS DARREN!  My arms are still a little sore today (Monday--two days later!).

I also (finally) rearranged the new cable/phone modem and wireless router down in the utility room so that they are off the floor.  Eventually I'd like to get a nice enclosure to contain all the wiring endpoints--a patch panel of sorts--so that I can more easily configure which network outlets are active.  As for now, I still have a mess of cables in the utility room.  And I use the term "mess" in its technical definition.  :-)

Anyway, as a result of switching over to using the cable modem provided by Comcast (which came into our house after they decided to end their old phone service and we went with their Digital Voice phone service), I now have a spare cable modem.  Anyone out there want to buy a relatively new (~18 months old) Linksys cable modem?  I can provide a model number if you need it.  Make me an offer!

No comments: