Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Half-Marathon Man

I did it. I completed the Alpharetta Half-Marathon in record time! At least that's record time for me: 2:08:34. It was cold and windy and they weren't handing out Gu along the way like they said they were going to, but I had a good running partner and good conversation along the way, so I didn't mind so much.
Place No. Name Age S City St Cou Finish Pace ===== ===== =================== === = =============== == === ======= ===== 215 1529 Steve Jackson 37 M Alpharetta GA USA 2:08:34 9:49
I had never run over 9 miles before, so this was an accomplishment for me! I felt great after the race, but the next day my right foot started hurting along the outside bottom edge. I guess the pounding was a bit much for it, or I didn't stretch enough, or maybe it was something else. It's starting to feel better now, but it's still sore when I walk on it.

No comments: