Monday, October 16, 2006

Catching Up...

There have been so many posts that I have thought about doing, but haven't made the time to do. Work has been crazy busy lately--I even worked 8 hours yesterday (a Sunday). Yikes! But my days on this project are numbered, so hopefully I'll get back to a normal routine soon. Melissa and I had an awesome weekend! Friday night was the John Mayer concert at Chastain Park, an amphitheater in Atlanta. Now I don't have any of his albums, but I've enjoyed what I've heard on the radio. We have some friends who thought it would be a good idea to go to the concert, get a table to sit at (that's one of the attractions of Chastain), have dinner there and then enjoy the show. So that's what we did. You can't really tell any detail from the picture here, but that's John somewhere in the middle. My camera phone works better with up-close pictures... Then we spent the night at the Homewood Suites in Buckhead, a couple miles from the amphitheater. I used some of my many Hilton Honors points for it--the ones I've been collecting while traveling so much over the past 3 or 4 years. Woke up and had a nice big (free) breakfast, and then picked up the girls and headed up to the North Georgia Mountains for our annual fall getaway. We picnicked at Amicalola Falls, which is where the approach trail is that takes you to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the Appalachian Trail. This is at least the 5th year in a row we've gone. (And since we moved to Alpharetta, the drive hasn't been as long, either, which is nice.) Our visit isn't complete until we go to Burt's Pumpkin Farm. I don't have any of the pictures we took there, yet (they're on Melissa's computer), but take a look at the web site, see the pictures of the pumpkins, and then imagine 1,000 all walking around, kicking up a little dust, and you'll get an idea of what our experience at Burt's was like. Reading the first part of this article sounds a little like our Saturday, only in reverse (Burt's Farm came first in the article). A couple of weeks ago I had heard that it was supposed to be peak leaf weekend this past weekend, but I think it is yet to come. The leaves were still pretty green, and only slightly starting to turn. Anyway, that's all for now. I still need to get some pictures up from Ella's second birthday, which was at the beginning of September. Like I said, I've been too busy lately!

No comments: