Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Herman Schwartz Lives!

I spoke to my uncle the other day--he mentioned that he is featured in a cyclist's blog at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/. The blog in particular is called "Sunshine State to Golden State", and my uncle is the "welcoming committee" in LA (hint: look at day 43).

The journal is quite interesting. I started by just looking at all of the pictures that were posted--those by themselves are interesting enough--and now I'm slowly working my way through the narrative of each day on the cross-country trek. It's interesting to know that these guys rode pretty close to where I used to live in Northwest Florida. Makes me want to take up cycling...

Anyway, Herman I know you're reading--I just wanted to share the link (indirectly, anyway). I already sent the link to mom and Cheryl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about kids not being allowed to experience personal losing, or winning for that matter, any more. It's mob mentality all the way! Also enjoyed Bob's picture and got to reading a little of the biker's trek. What a life--wish I had a bike to ride around the block! Nicholas got on a two wheeler today and took off like greased lightening--no stopping him now! How scary is that! Love you, Mom